Thursday 15 February 2018

My Sikh friend - Japtej Kaur encourages me to be like a Sikh man

Last 2 months, I had abnormal hair growth and now my hair touch waist. Almost 5 centimetre growth in 2 months.
My Sikh friend Japtej Kaur is in regular touch and she encourages me to be like a Sikh man all the time.
But my mother wants me to be like a girl at least at home.
Today, being Sunday, I washed hair with shampoo and conditioned it.
Mother asked me to shave.
So, I got to know about her intentions. After drying hair, she grabbed Parachute coconut oil bottle and asked me to sit on floor. She poured handful of oil on my scalp and started patting on scalp. Then she evenly applied oil on my head and then on strands. Each hair strand was coated with coconut oil. Then she took a fine-tooth comb and brushed my hair backword. She was combing with gentle strokes. I stood and she was standing behind me neatly combing hair. Finally, she started making braid. She made a nice tight braid of hair. She asked me to wear my sister’s clothes. I sported Salwar Khamis and applied bindi on my forehead. Mother was very happy to see me in a woman's attire. Whole day, I lived like a girl.
In the evening, Japtej Kaur called me and asked me if we can meet. So, I had to change my attire. I sported my normal man's cloths and I thought I will sport hair like a Sikh man. So, I opened my braid and combed hair forward and made a tight bun of hair on top of my head and then sported a patka. My mother was unhappy. She doesn't like a Tamil family boy becoming Sikh.
I met Japtej Kaur in the garden. She had sported a braided bun of her beautiful hair, well oiled. I smelled her hair she had applied Dabur Amla hair oil.
I shared with her my dilemma of living dual personality. She laughed and said, it’s good that you have long hair like girls so that you can fulfil wish of both mother and girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment